Contact us to enquire about Stop Smoking service in Llanedeyrn.
Stop Smoking: Quit Your Way
We all know smoking is very harmful to our health but giving up can be hard. But you can stop smoking with Hopwoods Pharmacy Stop Smoking Service in Llanedeyrn, which is funded by NHS Wales. Smoking rates are dropping faster than ever and not smoking is the social norm. However, there are still more than 7 million adults who smoke in the UK.
Why giving up smoking is difficult?
Even people who really want to quit can find it hard. That’s because the nicotine found in tobacco is very addictive and creates withdrawal symptoms and cravings. And it’s the withdrawal from the nicotine that makes quitting smoking hard. Common withdrawal symptoms include:
– Urge to smoke
– Weight gain
– Concentration problems
Tips to help you quit smoking:
– Get support from friends by asking them to smoke around you.
– Don’t replace cigarettes with food – go for a five-minute walk instead of your cigarette break to reduce your cravings.
– Save the money you would have spent on cigarettes in a jar so you can see your progress.
– Stay positive – every day without a cigarette is a good thing.
– E-cigarettes may help to quit smoking but are not a risk-free alternative.
How the Stop Smoking Service can help
Our pharmacists are accredited Stop Smoking advisors and can give you counselling about stopping smoking. Plus we can issue you with the appropriate anti-smoking products from the pharmacy.
The anti-smoking products we can provide include nicotine replacement patches, chewing gum, nasal sprays and, if appropriate, we will prescribe Champix (varenicline) tablets to help relieve the craving and withdrawal symptoms associated with stopping smoking. We can tailor a service for you over a twelve-week period to support your needs. We have had many successful patients who have stuck with this plan.
Giving up cigarettes is one of the best things to do for your health. Hopwoods Pharmacy is here to help you quit smoking for good.